Funnel is a set of steps visitors take to become your customers. Leaving data in such a journey seems much more unforced for them. Thus, creating a funnel is the simplest way to attract users, convince them to become leads, and make them purchase your product.
In Smartpages, you can create a funnel simply by connecting two or more landing pages.
Types of funnels
Firstly, decide what type of funnel you need.
- Marketing funnel – an expert strategy that involves various marketing tactics depending on where the user is in their buyer’s journey.
- Conversion funnel – extremely focused on personalization and perfectioning customer purchasing journey basing on customer feedback.
- Sales funnel – a prolongation of a marketing funnel impacting on whether you make profit or not. Sales funnel allows you to slightly push your visitors to purchase from you.
Want to know more details about marketing and sales funnels? Read about their differences.
Funnel after form submission
- Go to the editor of your landing page in Smartpages.
- Click on the form and go to its Settings.
- In the Next Action tab, decide where the user will be redirected when the form is filled in. Choose Redirect to another landing page and select the landing page.
- If you want to connect several landing pages, you can choose whether you want to move the data from the current landing page to the next one. If so, check the Transfer Lead Data box.
- Save and close.
Funnel through the button widget
- In the editor, click on the button and go to its Settings.
- In the Type tab, go to Redirect to landing page and select Target landing page.
- Track click as conversion allows you to count clicks as conversion in your landing page Dashboard.
- Save and close.
Funnel with third-party integration
In Smartpages, you can connect two or more landing pages in a funnel, transfer lead data from one landing page to another, and at the same time integrate the form with the third-party tool.
If you want to make a funnel, integrate with an external tool (i.e., with MailChimp), and expect all data from every step to be sent to it, remember that the general rule is connecting the form with your integration only on the last element of the funnel. Make sure that the Transfer Lead data is checked when you redirect a landing page to another one.
Imagine you have two landing pages in your funnel. Let’s call them LP1 and LP2.
LP1 has two fields – Name and Email. After submitting the form, your user is redirected to LP2 with only one field – Phone.
Let’s say you want to send all lead data from LP1 and LP2 to MailChimp. In this case, you need to set form integration with MailChimp only on the last landing page of the funnel (here – LP2).
- Log in to the platform. Go to the Landing Pages tab and go to the editor of LP1 (here – with Name and Email fields).
- In the editor, go to the Form Settings -> Integration and select None.
- Click Save and close and publish LP1.
- Go to the Landing Pages tab again and go to the editor of LP2 (here – with Phone field).
- In the editor, go to the Form Settings -> Form fields and add hidden fields to the form.
- Name them the same as in LP1 (Name and Email).
- Go to the Form Settings -> Integration and choose an integration. Customize it.
- Click Save and close and publish your LP2.
Test all forms in the funnel and check if the leads are successfully sent to your integration.
If your sales funnel conversion rate is not satisfactory, check our article about how to increase it.