In this manual, you will learn how to create and use the form options. See here if you want to create a sticky form.
I. How to create a form?
- Log in to Smartpages platform, choose your landing page, and click on Edit.
2. On the left side of the editor, find the Form widget, then drag and drop it into the active area of your landing page.
II. Form options
Click on the form to start editing. You will see its context menu (1) and toolbar on the right side of the editor (2).
You can change the width of the form by clicking on the dots on the frame.
The remaining icons of the context menu let you change its position, enter settings, copy it, move it to the top/bottom, and delete the form. You can find more editing options in the widget toolbar on the right.
To go to the settings, double click on the form or click on the Settings tab in the context menu (1) or the side panel (2).
The Settings Tab
- Form fields – here, you can add your own fields or predefined fields to the form by clicking on the + Add element button. By clicking on the selected field on the left, you will see its settings on the right. The range of settings changes depending on the selected element. Remember, after each change save the settings.
2. Next action – here, you can specify which action will occur after filling in the form: going to the default thank you page, redirecting to any URL or other landing page. With this option, you can create simple funnels.
3. Integrations – if you use external tools and would like to integrate them with the form on your landing page, you can do it by clicking on the appropriate tile. If you want to learn more about integrating the form on a landing page created in our platform or are looking for instructions on a specific system, check the integration category here.
4. General settings – Here, you can add an HTML code for Google conversion.
5. Autoresponder – you can set the autoresponder function here. You can find out more about how to use an autoresponder here.
III. Design of the form
You can freely manage the design of the form using the tools in the menu on the right side of the editor.
Click on Form styles in the side panel and choose a ready form design. You can choose vertical or horizontal form.
There are other options available in the toolbar:
(1) Specify width, vertical, and horizontal position.
(2) Set the spacing between the elements.
(3) Switch labels on or off.
(5) Specify whether you want the form to be visible on the desktop and mobile view or only on one of them.
In the next tabs, you can adjust the form’s background, frame, rounded corners, and shadow. Enable or disable the functions using the slider.