In the Smartpages platform, you can publish landing pages to your subdomain. The first step is to add a subdomain to your account and redirect it via the DNS records.
A freeLet’s Encrypt SSL certificate will be automatically installed for your subdomain when you add it to your account and redirect it to Smartpages.
Add a domain to your account
- Log in to the Smartpages platform and go to the Domains tab and click on Add domain.
- Type the domain name you want to add and click on Continue. You can add:
- a subdomain, such as portfolio.mycompany.com
- a www subdomain, such as www.mycompany.com
Redirect your domain via DNS records
In the next step, you will get the details that you need to configure your domain. You can follow those steps or use the guides available in our Help Center:
- set up instructions for the most popular domain providers,
- a general guide on how to redirect a subdomain with the CNAME record,
- a general guide on how to redirect a www subdomain with the A and CNAME records.
Log in to the domain administration panel on your domain’s provider and configure the DNS records.
Finish the configuration in Smartpages
When you’re ready, go back to Smartpages and click on Confirm/Finish.
Once you’ve added the subdomain to your account, our system will verify whether the DNS redirections have been done correctly. During this time, an hourglass icon will be visible next to the domain with the information that the domain is being verified. Usually, the domain will be active a few hours after adding it, but the total waiting time depends on the number of domains in our system waiting in the queue to install the certificate. We will email you to let you know whether you can go ahead and assign your subdomain to a landing page.
A green globe icon indicates an active domain. You can assign it to your landing page.
If you don’t feel like doing it by yourself or do not have access to the domain admin panel, here is the draft of a message to forward to the domain provider or a person responsible for your domain administration. You can always contact our Support Team.